TFD Citizens' Fire Academy Application
Fill out this form to apply to the Citizens' Fire Academy.
These instructions are provided as a guide to assist you in properly completing your application. It is essential that the information be accurate in all respects. It will be used as a basis for a criminal history check that will determine your eligibility for participation in the Thornton Fire Citizens' Academy. All information on this application will be kept confidential.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability.
- If a question is not applicable to you, enter N/A in the space provided.
- An accurate and complete form will expedite the criminal history check of your application.
- A copy of your photographic identification is required to complete this online application.
To ensure a seat in the Citizens' Fire Academy, please complete the following application/registration process by Friday, February 10. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
- Application: Once your application has been received and processed you will be notified of the application results.
- Letter of Acceptance: Once your application has been processed and, if accepted, you will be sent a letter of acceptance/confirmation. This letter will provide you with the beginning date, time and location of the first class.
Due to the sensitive nature of some subjects being presented in the Thornton Fire Citizens' Academy, a criminal history background check will be conducted on all individuals applying for attendance into the Academy. Individuals found to possess a criminal history will be individually evaluated as to the appropriateness of their attendance in the Academy.
Attendance by individuals possessing a felony conviction will be denied. The Thornton Fire Department reserves the right to deny attendance based upon adverse criminal history information, or for any other reason.